Podcasting is exciting, impactful and incredibly simple to do!
You don’t have to be a tech genius or a charismatic entrepreneur, you don’t have to have a strong ability to persuade, you don’t have to be a marketing genius either, you don’t have to be an extrovert, you don’t have to have a super popular niche to start a podcast, you just need a fire in your soul and a niche that you’re super passionate about, that lights you up and you want to talk about.
Did You Know That?
- There are over 600 million blogs with 31 million active bloggers posting at least once per month?
- There are over 30 million YouTube channels with more than 500 hours of content being uploaded every single minute?
- According to Facebook, over 500 million active users are using Instagram daily?
Yet there are only there are 470,000 podcasts that constantly produce new episodes and roughly only 46% of them have released more than 10 shows!
So what does that mean?
It means now is the time to go all-in with podcasting!
all stats from mypodcastreviews.com/stats
- you’re not getting the connection you desire with blog posts.
- you don’t feel like your a writer and you don’t want to do video.
- you want to interview others in your niche.
Starting a podcast can help with your potential clients and customers, According to Forbes, 39% of business owners listen to podcasts, which means that number is much higher for non-business owners looking to buy your product or service that could change their life!
Podcasting and listening to podcasts is something you can fit into a busy schedule and you don’t need to break the bank to start or market your podcast!
As long as you have a possibly endless list of what you could talk about, you and podcasting could go the distance. You don’t want to have one of those shows that just tapers off to nothing after a few episodes. Ask yourself, what do I enjoy most? What am I passionate about? What do people seek me out for? What do I feel I’m an “expert” on? What do I have a lot of fun talking about? Jump on social media and poll your audience and see what they say. Ask family and friends what they feel you talk about a lot. See where topics align or cross-over.
The best advice I can give is, as long as there’s a fire in your soul about what you want to talk about, podcasting is for you. In other words, so long as you’re super passionate and interested in what you want your podcast to be about you can and should start a podcast.
In Case You Were Interested in the Most Popular Categories:
- Health and fitness
- Personal Finance
- Facts or Trivia
- Religion and Spirituality
Should You Mirco-Niche?
Narrowing the focus on your podcast to start with can make it easier to build your audience. It is always better to go deep into one small topic to start with and then focus on widening your topic range rather than starting a wide topic podcast.
But no matter what topic you choose it’ll likely not be the first podcast of that topic out there, and that’s ok! What you bring to your podcast and how you host it can make all the difference. That uniqueness is what will make you stand out.
Need A Few Ideas?
- you’ve started writing a book and want to share your ups and downs and receive feedback.
- you’ve started cooking a certain way and you want to share how it’s changed your life.
- you’ve started reading tarot cards and want to share what you’re learning.
- you want to share your stand out marketing strategies.
- you want to repurpose content you’ve already created.