- Painful, heavy, or irregular periods
- Pain during or after sex
- Problems on opening bowels
- The individual circumstances of the woman
- Her age
- The severity of her symptoms
- Her desire to have children
- The severity of the disease
Due to this staggering lack of awareness, many women put up with their symptoms for years, believing them to be ‘normal’. As well as pain, endometriosis can cause infertility.
If you suffer from painful, heavy or irregular periods, bowel problems, or it hurts when you have sex, you could have endometriosis!